Darcy Moore tagged me in his recent post, so I want to do my best oblige. Here are 7 things that you don’t really need to know about me.
1. I was a French major in college, along with my degree in Elementary Ed. I studied at the Sorbonne in Paris for a semester, which is an experience for which I am so thankful every day. It allowed me to experience different cultures first hand, to live with a wonderful French family and to freely travel around Europe for 6 months.
2. I am the proud (and exhausted) mother of 5 year old twin boys. They were born 6 1/2 weeks early in 2003. Despite being premature, Tyler (the oldest by 11 minutes) was actually born with a tooth. We went straight to bottles, as you can imagine.
3. I am 6’0 tall. No, I didn’t play basketball. I’m a volleyball girl. Perfect strangers ask me about this all the time. It’s crazy. I was a Christmas party this year, wearing flats, and a colleague’s husband interrupted my conversation with a friend to ask me how tall I was. Seriously?!
4. I am a Christian. Actually, I count this as something that you do need to know about me. My faith shapes who I am and the directions I hope to take in my life. I can only hope that others who know me can already see this about me!
5. I am a closet pop culture junkie. I know it’s mindless dribble, but sometimes I need a dose of nothingness.
6. I love naps. For me, this is one of the few things in life that will truly make me happy🙂 Even better, I love my husband for recognizing that about me and allowing me to sneak in naps every weekend!
7. I remember useless and random information. My mom still marvels about the fact that she can point out something in a picture, and I can remember who gave it to me on which Christmas. I love trivia and am pretty good at it. The problem is that I have recently been needing that brain capacity for other things in my current life, instead of the clown that my Aunt Thelma gave me in 1980 for Christmas.
Now to pass the torch to some of my Twitter PLN – people from whom I learn, laugh and grow every day!